Beating the heat with a refreshing ice-cold drink is such a pleasure to many people. How about adding some tinge of cannabis THC in it? Sounds good, and it is easy to learn how to prepare cannabis lemonade.
Why lemonade? Because lemon contains vitamin C that’s very important these days that health must truly be treated as your wealth that you cannot live without. It helps to fight away viruses as well as other illnesses that may be spreading around. Vitamin C makes your immune system stronger and your body healthier, too. All citrus drinks and fruits contain that magical ingredient, which you must try one of these days.
Therefore it is a good thing to invest time and effort learning this one citrus drink, for thirst-quenching and healthy living, too. To begin with that, here are the important steps you must do to produce the lemonade you would love to taste.
Before you can make a delicious cannabis lemonade, you are required to learn also how to make your cannabis syrup that’s sweet and oozing with THC. Out of the so many products made from cannabis, this one is the best because you can use it to make other delicacies, too.
Therefore, making your cannabis syrup is an advantage you can develop now that you are planning to create lemonade. It’s a better sweetener than sugar because it has the added flavor of your favorite cannabis strain.
This THC-infused syrup can be a key ingredient to make your brownies, cookies, coffee, cocktail drink, and other edibles tastier and more powerful. It could be your next favorite addition once you’ve tried mixing it in your cannabis recipes.
How to Make Cannabis Syrup
There is no need to rush to a nearby store just to have a complete list of the ingredients because most of them can be found in your kitchen. Specifically, what you will need in this process are the following ingredients:
- Filtered water
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable sugar
- Thinly ground marijuana buds
- A jar
- Any filter or strainer
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar and water carefully and then boil it in the stove at low fire. Make the sugar dissolved completely into the water.
- Add the finely ground cannabis into the saucepan and then cover it. Let it boil for up to 20 minutes. This stage is where the cannabis shall be decarboxylated and the THC will be extracted, being transferred to the syrup you are making.
- After 20 minutes, lower the temperature and add the sugar. Mix everything carefully and let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir the mixture after one minute.
- Put out the fire and remove the pot. Strain the syrup through a cheesecloth or any filter you have prepared. Do it slowly and carefully to prevent burning yourself.
- Leave the syrup to cool before using it. You should have approximately 3 cups of syrup ready for your consumption.
How to Prepare Cannabis Lemonade
Now that you have the main ingredient ready for your lemonade, it’s now time to talk about the actual process of concocting a delicious drink. So, that you can make your homemade lemonade, here is a list of the necessary ingredients for a perfectly blended drink. Prepare them ahead of time before getting started.
- Coldwater measuring up to 6 cups
- 8 to 10 fresh lemons
- Sugar of 225 grams
- Teaspoons of vegetable-infused glycerin
- Some salt
- Using already squeezed lemon juice is easier but you can also try doing it manually which tastes better. But, whichever way you like, the lemon juice will be just fine. Simply mix it with the water you have prepared.
- Add sugar or syrup. Both are sweet, but they must be used sparingly so as not to make the juice too much sweet. Stir the mixture carefully so all the ingredients thoroughly blend well.
- Pour in the right amount of tincture so that the taste that you like to have will not be ruined. Also, add some salt, if you want to make it a little salty but it’s not required.
- Stir until the mixture is perfectly blended and try to taste it. If there’s a need to add salt or sugar, it’s up to your preference. In each glass you take, you can add more cannabis tincture and stir.
Top 5 Cannabis Strains that are Good for Making Lemonade
You might have stirred it well and added the right amount of everything but the flavor still does not suit you. Maybe that has to do with the strain you used. As recommended by other chefs and cannabis lovers have tried before, there are top 5 cannabis strains that make a good taste when mixed with lemon juice. So, here they are:
The famous movie The Hulk was the inspiration for the name of this weed strain. Its lineage was from two great cannabis varieties, namely the OG Kush and the Strawberry Diesel. Both of its parents have high THC, causing their offspring to also have 25 to 32% of that. It sets in quite very fast and so strong that it can blow your mind away. The limonene content of this cannabis strain is a secret element to achieving a nice partner to some citrus drink like the lemonade. When you drink a glass or two of your lemonade, it shall bring a soothing sensation that’s also relaxing. Original Bruce Banner is a strain to look for when wanting to drink something cold and to be treated from pain, headaches, and arthritis.
2. Gorilla Glue
Boasting with 26%, this Indica-dominant strain is an amazing addition to your citrus juice because of the terpenes and flavors it gives to the drink. It was a progeny of the parents Chocolate Diesel, Sour Dubb, and Chem Sis. After a hard day, Gorilla Glue takes care of making you feel soothed, comforted, and happy. Aside from that, the Sativa genetics of this cannabis strain may also bring you positive feelings of happiness and focus. Because of its powerful calming and pain-relieving effects, Gorilla Glue is regarded as an effective medicinal drug, too. It is highly recommended for sleep disorders.
Another fruity cannabis strain which makes an enticing blend to a lemonade. It originates from the creators of the Dutch Passion strain. It is a bestselling variety in the market for its quick, solid hit on your depression and anxiety which happens right after your first toke. Compared to the other two strains, Strawberry Cough only has an average THC of 11 to 12%. Just try smelling one of its buds and enjoy its fruity aroma and imagine how delicious it will taste when added with lemonade.
Combining Tangie and Lemon Skunk in one new marijuana strain gives you this sweet, floral, and citrus-smelling strain. It is very refreshing and revitalizing. When you add this to your homemade cannabis lemonade, it’s going to be 100% delightful without any doubt. Use this during the daytime and find yourself focused, euphoric, and energized for work and other activities that need to be accomplished.
5. Golden Lemons
Also called the Lucky Lemons #7, is the result of the successful union between Kosher Kush and Lemon Skunk strains. It has an overwhelming amount of over 25% THC content, very potent and impressive. The sharp citrus taste of this cannabis variety is the right choice to match with cold lemonade.
The ever-changing weather these days would make you think that there’s no way to stay fresh for long like before global warming happened to the world. But, it’s not the case with this cannabis-infused drink. It stays fresh as long as you keep it in the fridge, just make sure to add more syrup each time you consume a glass of it so the flavor stays as tasty as the first time you made it. For non-smokers of weeds, this should be enough so you can experience how it feels to get high in a subtle and less overwhelming than with dried, pure cannabis smoke. Your summer season will surely become more meaningful and enjoyable with the new learning you have acquired about how to prepare cannabis lemonade. Cheers to that!