Marijuana E-Liquid and vapes did not become very popular over the last five or so years for nothing. Vaping is a modest, healthiest, and easiest way for someone to have weed. Cannabis or marijuana e-liquid is, as the name suggests, the concentrated liquid that got extracted from a cannabis bud and then administered through a vaporizer or vape, which then travels from your mouth to your lungs, providing you a highly potent experience. So, how to make cannabis e liquid? Let me help. Cannabis e-liquid is a highly potent form of cannabis, and being able to make one at home is a convenient and cheap way of having a weed session.
Vape Pens and Cannabis Experience
Vape pens are highly portable and descent in their appearance. These small electronic devices are the condensed form of desktop vapes. They’re designed to be small enough to fit in your pocket but powerful in its use. The appearance is very similar to standard pens, perfect for concealment and storage. The two major parts of a vape pen are the battery and the cartridge. And also, there are vape pens that are both cheaper and disposable that have their pre-filled cartridges. Although, the more expensive vape models have cartridges that can be refilled with original e-liquid from where you bought the vape pens.
Vape pens, indeed, are a great tool to vaporize highly potent compounds such as Tetrahydrocannabinol- or THC-dominant e-liquid. A single smoke can provide potency, similar to a whole joint of THC-dominant strain, without any difficulty. You don’t have to carry a lighter, bud container, and rolling papers. Just pick up your pen, click it, and be entranced from the bliss of cannabis.
It is not entirely hard to make a cannabis e-liquid at home, and it won’t break the bank. In this article, we will provide you with a clear guide on making your very own high potency e-liquid at home. Decarboxylation step is a vital step, so skipping it will ruin the process.
Things to Prepare
Prepare these ingredients and tools to get started with our homemade e-liquid:
- Grain alcohol (high-proof). Don’t ever think of using rubbing alcohols
- Cannabis buds. The specific strain and level of THC content depend on your liking. We recommend 6 grams of high-quality buds
- Propylene Glycol. Very cheap item. Readily available in online stores
- Cheese or Coffee filter
- Aluminum foil
- 5 ml Dropper
- Mason Jars. 2 Pieces
- A cookpot and an oven
- Baking tray
How to Make Cannabis E-Liquid
Decarboxylation is our first step, and it’s important not to skip it! It’s that vital. Decarboxylation is the chemical process that is necessary to activate the cannabinoids, specifically THC, and it does not occur when you vaporize a liquid using a vape pen since there is not enough heat in a vape. So the cannabinoids must undergo this process first.
- Chop your cannabis buds finely. Keep it fine, but not as if it becomes a powder. Then put the aluminum foil on top of a baking tray, spread the cannabis buds out on the aluminum foil, and put the tray in the oven. When you reach 220-225 F, let the buds be baked in there for about 10 to 15 minutes. This process is decarboxylation. The appearance will look dry and a bit brown.
- Put the decarboxylated cannabis into a mason jar. Fill up the jar with high-proof grain alcohol up to the volume that covers all the buds the jar.
- Fill a pot with 3.5 inches of water and put the mason jar with the cannabis in it. You need a well-ventilated room when doing this. If your cooking station or stove has a vent, turn it on. Or, you can open a window, but it should be very near the cooking station. With this step, you are attempting to evaporate a certain volume of the high-proof grain alcohol in the jar. Continual stirring is necessary during this process. Let the alcohol to boil and evaporate until your cannabis buds are submerged still, but with less liquid than before. You will notice in the jar that the remaining liquid will be dark and will get darker during the process. As you use more buds, the appearance will be darker.
- Once you have boiled and evaporated enough alcohol, pour out some more alcohol into the mason jar and reach the same amount of alcohol when you started.
- It’s time your product should be filtered. Cover with cheesecloth or coffee filter the empty mason jar and start pouring the mixture into that empty jar, allowing the filter to capture the buds. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from your buds on the filter. Once you still have a remaining mixture in the mason jar, repeat the third step. This time around, your goal is to evaporate the remaining liquid until just 5 ml remain in the mason jar.
- You will now use the propylene glycol. Add 20 ml of it to the mixture, and you will have about 25 ml of total solution out of the 6 grams of cannabis we recommend. Vegetable glycerin is also sometimes used in food-grade rather than propylene glycol. Feel free to do dosage tests!
There is always the possibility of filtering out more alcohol after the propylene glycol has been applied, but it is not absolutely required. THC is also soluble in alcohol, so there’s always the option to leave your buds in the mason jar for a couple of days the first time you plunge them into alcohol. TIP: What adds extra strength if you shake vigorously every day. It is a little more time-consuming, too, though!
Rosin Extraction Method
There is another method of making a cannabis e-liquid. The cleanest and cheapest way to produce your vape cannabis liquid is by using rosin. Rosin is a pretty safe extract by nature. The method does not use harsh chemicals or solvents. It’s just about the addition of a little pressure and heat to juice out the resin. Once you have plenty of flowers that are full of resins, you will be able to use those to perform your rosin extraction. If those are not available, you can use concentrates like BHO wax to extract the rosin. So this is how to make cannabis e liquid using rosin.
Things to Prepare
- Dried cannabis buds
- Parchment paper
- Hair iron or hair straightener
- Glass vial (small)
- Terpenes or natural flavoring
How to Make Cannabis E Liquid Using Rosin
To start with, pick from your stash a few dense and resin-rich buds, and put them in parchment paper like a sandwich. Heat up your hair irons and reach a heat of just about 121 °C. Some hair straighteners aren’t able to maintain this heat but get hotter and hotter instead. You can unplug them once you reach the temperature a little above 121 °C until they get cooler.
Put the parchment paper that contains cannabis between the hair irons or straighteners and apply substantial pressure. Continue to add pressure as you notice the resin oozing out of your buds. When the liquid extract stops flowing, remove the pressure. Unwrap the parchment paper to display a fresh rosin patch. Continue this cycle until about 0.5 g of rosin has been produced. To attain this amount, you will need about 3g of herb with high-quality.
Place the parchment paper coated with rosin in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Remove the cooled bounty, then, using a strong toothpick, brush the rosin away, put it in the glass vial. In the bottle, apply a small amount of your desired terpenes or flavoring.
First, combine the rosin and the flavoring into a liquid. You’ll have to flash fire the vial to do so. Place a flame under the bottle for just a moment or until you see the solution begin to bubble. If too early, the two will not mix. If too long, you are going to lose the sensitive terpenes. As long as the mixture begins bubbling, cut the flame, then use a toothpick to mix it well. After that, use a syringe to draw your newly made solution and inject the extract into a vape cartridge.
It’s easy to make e-liquids at home, but it’s not without a chance. This can be very risky to deal with hot oil, so treat carefully. You will also make sure that all the ingredients you use are food grade and are approved. There are lots of dodgy goods out there, so do your homework and buy carefully.
Why do you want to make your own cannabis e-liquid in the first place? Learning how to produce your own e-liquid is a worthwhile undertaking. This provides the same degree of pleasure as preparing your own edibles or producing extracts and tinctures of your own. Homemade e-liquid also adds to peace of mind. For any hit, you’ll know exactly what you’re walking through. For the same way as pot seeds can be laden with chemicals, the store-bought e-liquid from dubious firms will become tainted. There’s no way to know just what’s inside a recipe until you have it checked in a laboratory – or even make it yourself. If you buy what you need in bulk, or grow your own plants, you can also save money.