- The Amnesia strain is a popular premium marijuana strain. Although it is a hybrid that came from three different genetic ancestors, some say more, it has retained only the best qualities from its parents. The feminized strain in particular comes from Haze and Northern Lights. In 2004, it won the High Times Cannabis Cup for its qualities. It is also the most popular strain in the Netherlands coffee shops.
- Most growers would agree that this is a relatively easy strain to grow even for beginners. It has a good flowering time and its size is good for indoor growing as well as outdoor guerilla growing.
- The feminized version is particularly good for smokers who don’t plant on breeding their plants. Female flowers produce smokeable buds while male flowers don’t. Also, the flowering takes only as little as 7 weeks. Most are sure to have flowered in 9 weeks.
- Even with its relatively small size, the feminized Amnesia plant can produce a yield of around 300 grams for each square meter of your Sea of Green.
- The Amnesia strain can easily be recognized with its hairy buds that are covered white crystals all over.
- Its smell is also premium; it has a generally musky scent that is hinted with a little rose and peach. The smell is pleasantly dank. It is pungent and smelling it can be exhilarating at times.
- This pleasant smell translates into taste. The musk remains and comes with a good floral undertone plus a spiced flavor. However, after exhaling, there is not much after taste left.
- When smoked, the high from Amnesia comes almost instantly. However, since it has sativa-dominant qualities, it will not immediately cause couch-lock. It has a mellow energetic high that lasts for about 2 hours. You’ll know how it got its name when the short-term memory loss kicks in about 4 hours. Also, smoking a lot would actually cause couch-lock trance instead of an energetic high.
- Medically speaking, it can be used for body pains such as muscle spasms, headaches, as well as toothaches. It can also be used to treat anxiety, nausea, depression, insomnia, and other stress-related medical issues.
|Type :||Mostly Sativa|
|Climate :||Indoor / Outdoor|
|Yield :||300 (g/m2)|
|Flowering :||7-9 weeks|
|THC level :||15 – 20%|
|Grow :||Easy – Moderate|