- The AK 48 strain is known for its short flowering period. The whole flowering period would usually last just around 48 days. However, although the flowering period is short, the yield is not affected at all, in fact, it is a heavy yielder. It is a sativa-dominant hybrid.
- This strain is recommended for novice or even first-time growers because it’s one of the easiest strains to grow. The AK 48 marijuana strain is versatile and can endure most of the common mistakes new growers make such us giving too much nutrients. It also has a physically strong and hard structure that would not break easily.
- Feminized seeds are even easier to grow since there is no need to check the sex of the flowers. There is also little to no risk at all of the plant being a hermaphrodite.
- The plant is great for indoor planting especially for those with very limited space. It is a short plant but still provides a great yield ranging from 400 – 500 grams for each square meter. This is because it has really dense buds that almost look like rocks.
- Other than the very dense buds, the AK 48 can also be identified by its bright green color that comes with orange hairs and plenty of crystals.
- The plant has a pleasant aroma but it is barely there. It smells a little like grapefruit, especially when the buds are opened or ground up.
- The taste is not very significant, since it has very little aroma, this translate into a bland taste that comes with that slight hint of grapefruit.
- It provides a cerebral and heady high. Initially, it will relax the muscles and the brain, after the initial relaxing sensation, a significant increase in appetite comes.
- Due to its relaxing effects, the AK 48 strain has been used to treat insomnia, depression, anxiety, and a lot of other stress related conditions. It can also be used to treat minor pains such as headaches and muscle spasms.